Candidate Filling Procedures for 2021
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic City Hall is currently closed to the public, however, individuals wishing to file for candidacy for City of Weldon Spring elected office s must still file in person with the City Clerk/Deputy City Clerk. Therefore, the City Clerk has established some special procedures in order to ensure the public’s safety, which are outlined below. The candidate filing period begins at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 and closes on Friday, January 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM. The City of Weldon Spring has a first come first serve system, which means the names of candidates will appear on the ballot in the order that they file for candidacy.
For the safety of the candidates and the staff, there will be a couple safety measures that will be enforced.
- Campaign filling will take place in the Board Room
- Any candidate wishing to file on December 15, 2002, are asked to entered City Hall by the side door. The door will be unlocked at 7:30 AM, but filling doesn’t start until 8:00 AM. If the door is lock, please call 636-441-2110 and asked for Bill Hanks so you can file
- Face masks are required at all times while in City Hall.
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced
If any candidate wishes, they can request the forms in advance so they can fill out prior to arriving at City Hall by contacting the City Clerk at (636) 441-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. However, do not sign anything without being in the presence of the City Clerk because some forms must be notarized and signed under witness of the City Clerk/Deputy City Clerk.
All candidates must fill out:
- Declaration of Candidacy – DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU ARE BEFOR THE CLERK
- Notice of Candidate – DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU ARE BEFOR THE CLERK
- Missouri DOR Form 5120 – MUST BE NOTARIZED BY A PUBLIC NOTARY
- Financial Disclosure Statement
At the time filing, all candidates must have a valid Missouri driver’s license or photo ID Card for verification purposes.
If candidates want to file between December 16, 2020 and January 15, 2021, please contact the City Clerk at 636-441-2110 or email@example.com
to schedule an appointment to come to City Hall and file for candidacy.