Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the City has determined the following*:
- The following events for the year 2020 have been canceled:
- Kids Fishing Day
- Independence Day Celebration
- Senior Citizens Appreciation Day
-The Park Trails, lake, and restrooms are still available for use, unless otherwise specified
- Updated 6/12: Pavilion Reservations will now be allowed with restrictions from now until 8/31/2020. Reservations are subject to change and both the City and Reservation Holder have the right to cancel before the event. City Staff will not regularly disinfect any surface near/in the pavilions. The city has established the following rules:
- Reservations must be limited to 50 or less people.
- Food must be individually plated meals and not buffet style
- Guests must follow all health guidelines as set by the CDC,
- Wash your hands for at lease 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Wear a mask
- Keep 6 feet apart from people not in your household
Please contact city hall to make a reservation.
-All Practice Field Reservations are still in place, pending social distancing and hygiene standards are met. Those who have field reservations may cancel at any point for a refund
*the City will monitor the situation closely and make any necessary changes to keep the public safe.
Weldon Spring City Park
Located at 5401 Independence Road, the City Park offers guest a beautiful landscape to gather for recreational fun. Park amenities include a recently re-mulched playground, walking paths, two baseball diamonds, pavilions with picnic tables, a four-hole disc-golf course, and a pond stocked with fish (Catch and release only) with a wooden pier for wheelchair access.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (PRAC):
The PRAC was created to study and make plans and recommendations for parks and recreation programs. Review the PRAC meeting agendas here
Practice Field Reservations:
The City will begin accepting reservations the second Monday in March of every year. The two pavilions can be reserved from April 1 thru October 31.
Cost of reservations:
Practice Field Reservation Form
- Practice Fields: $12 for residents/$25 for non-residents x # of weeks reserved.
The City will begin accepting reservations the second Monday in March of every year. The two pavilions can be reserved from from April 1 thru October 31.
Cost of reservations:
- Large Pavilion $50 for residents/$100 for non-residents
- Small Pavilion $25 for residents/$50 for non-residents
The large pavilion on the back of the Parks Building will accommodate approximately 40+ guests with a total of five picnic tables. The small pavilion down by the city lake will accommodate approximately 32+ guests with a total of four picnic tables.
All Events must be capped at 50 people.
The reservation guarantees the site for the day chosen. However, you will share the rest of the park with the public; that includes the playground, walking trail, parking lots, the lake (catch and release only) and the new outside handicap accessible restrooms.
Pavilion Reservation Form
Please note that the inside of the City Parks Building is reserved for city events only.