REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL:
Information Technology Managed & Support Services
City of Weldon Spring, Missouri
5401 Independence Road
Weldon Spring, MO 63304
- Request for Proposals
The City of Weldon Spring, Missouri is seeking proposals for managed information technology (IT) support and maintenance services. This shall include support, planning, consultation and management of the following IT areas: server network, integration of software systems, data backup system, desktops/laptops/smart devices, Wi-Fi, anti-virus software and firewall/security.
All proposals must be submitted prior to 10:00 AM on Wednesday, March 24, 2021
to the City Administrator, 5401 Independence Road, Weldon Spring, MO 63304, in an envelope marked “IT Support & Managed Services” in the lower left-hand corner.
- Contact Person
Questions relating to this project may be addressed to:
5401 Independence Rd.
Weldon Spring, MO 63304
(636) 441-2110 ext. 102
- Scope of Work
Provide quick and responsive IT support on a Monday thru Friday from
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM basis excluding national holidays and weekends.
The City currently utilizes an HPE ProLiant ML30 G10 4U Tower Server with three (3) drives, which was installed in the 1st
Quarter of 2020, for its local network and is operating Microsoft Server 2016 Standard Edition system. There are ten (10) employee user workstations, four (4) laptops with VPN access for working from home capabilities, and seven (7) laptops assigned to elected officials but are not connected to the secure network. Of the workstations six (6) are staffed full-time and four (4) are staffed part-time or as needed; the four (4) VPN laptops are assigned to certain full-time staff members.
Standard Scope of Services:
These services and support activities shall be standard and included in the lump sum monthly service fee as identified in Exhibit A: Bid Sheet.
- IT Management Services: Provide proactive and ongoing monitoring, management, support and planning of all IT systems as well as support for employees utilizing these systems. The scope of services shall include such IT related activities as follows:
- server performance remote monitoring, management, and maintenance such as:
- Firewall SOW/Port Cleanup
- Active Directory Cleanup for users, computers and security groups
- Patching/definition updates
- timely remote and onsite technical assistance
- technical support for network server, ten (10) employee workstations and four (4) VPN laptops
- Installation and setup of all workstation replacements/upgrades and network related hardware and software equipment and systems
- short- and long-range network solutions and IT planning including but not limited to:
- review of current network layout and recommendations for improvements/modifications
- establish two-factor authentication system
- develop a three to five-year IT Strategy for the implementation of new equipment and software as well as a recommended replacement/upgrade schedule
- review of current network data backup systems and plan
- local failover plan
- disaster recovery plan
- review and provide an Acceptable Use Security Policy for network and users with procedures and best practices
- network, workstation, printer and laptop hardware troubleshooting and technical assistance
- recommendation and installation of new computer hardware and software (installation exclusive of Special Project exemptions)
- coordination with other third-party software and hardware providers such as but not limited to:
- Simple City Accounting by g-Works for financial software systems
- Acronis Backup System
- Microsoft Office 360 suite
- Laserfiche Archiving Software
- Adobe Acrobat
- Badgepass Server Software by Elliott Systems for automated door entry/access
- SonicWall Firewall and Security
- Metropark Communications Inc. – for phone and internet hosting and support services through Spectrum
- Prep Security for security camera system
- Dimensional Security for security alarm system
- CDS Office Technology – Copier Support
Not included in the standard monthly fee for services and support will be certain “special projects” and services activities which would be billed out on an hourly or material cost basis, as referenced on Exhibit A: Bid Sheet, after an approved estimate of time/materials is agreed upon and approved by the City:
- Replacement/upgrade of Network Server
- Replacement/upgrade of Network Backup System
- Replacement/upgrade of Network Firewall security system
- Technical support and assistance related to the seven (7) laptops assigned to elected officials
- The cost of any hardware or other specialized equipment/components shall not be covered under the Standard Service Plan.
Any addenda issued by the City prior to the scheduled time of opening the bids shall be acknowledged
in the proposal that the Addenda was received and shall be made a part of any contract.
- Withdrawal of Proposals
Any person or firm may withdraw the proposal by written request at any time prior to the scheduled time for the opening of the proposals.
- Economy of Preparation
Proposals should be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward, concise description of the Vendor’s capabilities to satisfy the requirements of this Request. The Vendor shall be responsible for costs incurred in the proposal preparation and delivery.
- Proposal Response Format
Proposals in response to the City’s RFP should be organized in the following manner but shall be limited to 12 pages front and back of total length
, the signed RFP proposal sheet and Exhibit A – Bid Sheet shall not count against the total number of pages:
- Brief executive summary and company background
- List of recent client references
- Detailed response to RFP outlining proposed scope of services and proposed plan for implantation if selected
- Signed copy of the “RFP – IT Support & Managed Services” found on page 6
- Completed Bid Sheet – Exhibit A
- Evaluation Process
Proposals that are judged by the City to be unresponsive or materially incomplete will be immediately rejected. Finalists will be selected from the remaining proposals. The City may request interview and will perform whatever research it deems necessary into the Vendor’s history, financial viability, and references. The Vendor shall cooperate with the City by providing appropriate information. The primary evaluation criteria shall be the overall benefit/cost as perceived by the City. The City shall consider many factors, including the following (which are not in any specific priority).
- The needs of the City being met
- Availability and responsiveness of support for employees
- Vendor’s qualifications and past track record
- Overall cost/benefit of proposal to the City
The City has established certain requirements as specified in the Request. None of the requirements are designed to give any Vendor an advantage or disadvantage in the proposal process. Vendors are encouraged to submit proposals even if the proposal does not meet the requirements as precisely stated. However, the proposal must state specifically which requirements are not met, and why this deviation should not be considered material.
Terms and Conditions
- All proposals shall be good for not less than sixty (60) days from the submittal deadline.
- The City of Weldon Spring reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to negotiate any particulars in the proposals received. Collusion between applicants is sufficient cause to disqualify all those involved.
- Contractors should have no contact with other City personnel except as specifically authorized by the City Administrator.
- All proposals and submittals will be considered final. No additions, deletions, corrections or adjustments will be accepted after the time of bid opening.
- City, County and State of Missouri Sales Tax and Federal Taxes are not applicable to sales made to the City of Weldon Spring and must be excluded.
- The electronic version of this RFP is available upon request. The document was entered into WORD for Microsoft Windows. The City Administrator shall not guarantee the completeness and accuracy of any information provided on the electronic version. Therefore, respondents are cautioned that the hard copy of this RFP on file at City Hall governs in the event of a discrepancy between the information on the electronic version and that which is on the hard copy.
- It is the responsibility of the interested party/vendor to ensure they have the most current and up-to-date version of the RFP document and any subsequent Addendums which may be issued during the open bid period prior to the bid deadline; parties are encouraged to check the City’s website for updates and Addendums at: https://weldonspring.org/reference-desk/open-bids-and-proposals
- An authorized officer of the company submitting the proposal must sign all submissions.
- Vendors must submit one (1) hard copy labeled “original” and one (1) electronic copy of the full proposal should be submitted as a saved document(s) on a USB drive and included in the sealed envelope by the deadline.
- All prices and notations must be in ink or typewritten on the attached form. Mistakes must be crossed out, corrections typed adjacent and must be initialed in ink by person signing the RFP.
- The City of Weldon Spring will not award the project to an individual or business having any outstanding amount due from a prior contract or business relationship with the City or who owes any amount(s) for delinquent taxes, fees or licenses.
- Proposals received after the designated time set for the receipt of the proposals will be considered as a “No Bid” and a “Void” and will not be considered.
- The successful applicant is specifically denied the right of using in any form or medium the name of the City of Weldon Spring for public advertising unless express written permission is granted.
- All applicants must possess the necessary and appropriate business and/or professional licenses in their field.
- Time of delivery, installation and system implementation is part of the consideration and must be stated in definite terms if different than listed above, as this may be a factor in making the award. If time varies on different items, the bidder shall so state. It is anticipated that the contract awarded to the successful Vendor will include penalties for deadlines that may be missed as a result of acts or omissions of the supplier.
- The Vendor agrees to hold the City of Weldon Spring, their officers, agents and employees harmless from liability of any nature or kind on account of use of any copyrighted or un-copyrighted composition, secret process, patented or un-patented invention, article or appliance furnished or used under this proposal call.
- Contingent fees - Section 130.135(4)
The architect, engineer or service provider warrants that he/she has not employed or retained any company, or person, other than a bonafide employee working solely for such firm or company, for the purpose to solicit or secure any agreement with the City or by providing any fee, commission, percentage, gift, or any other consideration contingent upon or resulting from the award or this agreement.
Worker’s Compensation Insurance:
If applicable under state statute the Vendor shall procure and shall maintain during the Term of the Agreement, Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all of its employees to be engaged and perform work under the Agreement, and in case such work is sublet, the City shall require the subcontractor similarly to provide Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all such employees to be engaged by the Vendor for such work unless such employees are covered by the protection afforded by the Vendor’s Worker’s Compensation Insurance. In the event any class of employees engaged in hazardous work under the Agreement is not protected under the Worker’s Compensation statute, the Vendor shall provide and shall cause such subcontractor to provide adequate Employer’s Liability insurance for the protection of its employees not otherwise protected.